Bathroom Installations in Surrey and South London
Our expert bathroom fitters in Surrey and South London consult with you on bathroom design, suites and accessories before providing your ideal bathroom.
What to consider when installing a new bathroom in Surrey and South London
When installing a new bathroom in Surrey our South London, there are a few key factors to keep in mind. Firstly, consider the layout and functionality of the space. Think about the placement of fixtures such as the sink, toilet, and shower in relation to one another and to the overall flow of the room. Additionally, consider the size of the room and whether or not it will accommodate a bath or a shower enclosure. Secondly, choose the right materials that are suitable for a bathroom environment and coordinate with the overall design and decor. It’s also essential to consider the lighting, ventilation, and plumbing systems, as these will impact the functionality and comfort of the space. Set a realistic budget and carefully plan out the installation process to avoid any unexpected surprises.
Finally, choose a reliable and professional local building company, such as Oliver Edwards Developments.
Bathroom Installations in Surrey and South London | Fitting a Bathroom
When installing a bathroom in your home, choose Oliver Edwards Developments
Fitting a new bathroom can be a complex process and requires careful planning and preparation. It typically involves the removal and disposal of the old bathroom fittings, installation of new plumbing and electrical systems, and fitting of new fixtures and fittings such as the bathtub, toilet, sink, shower, and tiles.
The first step is to assess the space and decide on the layout and style of the new bathroom. This involves measuring the room and making a plan that takes into account the existing plumbing and electrical connections. Once the layout is decided, the old bathroom fixtures and fittings are removed and disposed of, making sure to follow all local regulations for waste disposal.
The next step is to install or update the plumbing and electrical systems. This involves laying new pipes, connecting them to the main supply, and properly installing the bathtub, toilet, sink, and shower. An electrician will also need to install any new electrical outlets and lighting fixtures.
Once the pipes and electrical systems are installed, the walls and floors are prepared for tiling. This involves leveling and prepping the surface and then laying down the tiles. The new fixtures and fittings are then installed, and any final touches such as painting or adding accessories are done.
In summary, fitting a new bathroom involves careful planning and preparation, demolition of the old fittings, installation of new plumbing and electrical systems, tiling, and fitting of new fixtures and fittings. A professional contractor can take care of these tasks, ensuring a smooth and successful bathroom renovation.
Our 6 point checklist...
1. Plan and Measure: Take measurements of the available space to determine the layout of the bathroom and select the fixtures that fit without overcrowding.
2. Plumbing and Electrical Work: Turn off the water and electricity supply before making any changes and ensure the plumbing and electrical systems meet the requirements of the new bathroom layout.
3. Wall and Floor Preparation: Install wall and floor coverings, ensuring they are waterproof to avoid damage from moisture.
4. Install the Fixtures: After preparing the walls and floors, install the fixtures such as the toilet, shower/bath, sink, and tap following the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. Grout and Seal: Once the fixtures are installed, leave them to settle for a day or two before grouting and sealing any gaps to ensure they are watertight.
6. Final Touches: Install mirrors, shelves, towels rails, and other accessories to make the bathroom functional and aesthetically pleasing. Double-check all connections and fixtures to ensure they are secure before using the new bathroom.